Thursday 12 February 2009

The Grand Design

I guess since this is to be a blog of my travels I'd better describe what these are going to be. Here's the flightplans right now:

24 Feb: Glasgow-London (Darwin and Babylon exhibitions)
26 Feb: London-Bombay (Whatever my pal Mrinal has lined up.)
5 Mar: Bombay-Melbourne (If it isn't a pile of ashes by then.)
12 Mar: Melbourne-Hobart (Van Diemen's land. Voluntarily...)
27 Mar: Melbourne-Christchurch (Super 14 games, the Milford Track, folk I haven't seen for 29 years...)
8 July: Sydney-Honolulu (Well, you have to, don't you?)
15 July: Honolulu-San Francisco (Yosemite, the Rockies, the Pacific coastline, Seattle, Vancouver Island, will I have time for Alaska?)
21 August: Vancouver-London-Glasgow: (And if I'm not back at my desk by 24th, HR tells me I'll be assumed to have resigned!)

But plans are for corporate drones, and I'm raging against that fate. Besides, I'm awfully easily distracted, so don't be surprised to see a few changes to the above. In fact, you may be the cause of them....

2 comments:

  1. All those airlines meals! You're only just leaving yourself time to recover before tucking into another!

    Happy trails Stuart – be sure not to get lost (like you almost did in Nepal!)

    Look forward to following your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no need to bring that up. I just took a wee scenic detour...

    ReplyDelete